facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

SCHEZWAN BABY POTATO

DSC09598
Schezwan Baby Potato is one of the long pending lists to post in my blog.Not only for the reason daughter dear loves it,I promised you all that I will post this when I posted schezwan sauce.So here I come with a fantastic starter recipe with baby potatoes.This recipe I have adapted from Tarla Dalal and it is the most favourite dish at home.When I first tasted this  at a restuarant   I was too tempted and the gravy was simply great.We had it with fried a match made in heaven.Yes.it was soo good,that I wanted to give it a try.I also made fried rice to go along with it and so here it goes…

DSC09599
INGREDIENTS

Baby Potatoes 20
Onion 1
Grated Ginger 1/2 tsp
Garlic 2 pods
Tomato Sauce 1 tsp
Soya Sauce 1 tsp
Red Chilli 12
Sugar 1/2 tsp
Corn Flour 1 tsp
Spring Onion(green part) 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil  
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Red Chilli (optional) 1

DSC09601
HOW TO MAKE
  • Soak red chillies in hot water.Put in a blender once cooled and grind to a fine paste.

DSC09514DSC09515DSC09516
  • Take a pan,add oil and garlic pods and grated ginger.Add onions and saute a bit.Add ground red chilli paste,soya sauce and tomato ketchup.Also add sugar and salt.

DSC09517DSC09518DSC09519DSC09520
  • Boil potatoes and remove skin once cooled.Add the baby potatoes to the above mixture.

DSC09490DSC09495DSC09521
  • Add some water to let the sauce infuse in to the potatoes.Make a paste of corn flour with water and it to the potato gravy.

DSC09522DSC09523DSC09524
  • Squeeze lemon and when it reaches gravy consistency add spring onions and switch off the flame.

DSC09525DSC09526
  • Serve hot with fried rice or as starter as well by keeping the gravy thicker.
DSC09603
Notes
  • If you want to serve it as a starter keep the gravy thick or boil the gravy till no moisture is left out.
  • You may temper with red chilly,which I have not done since the gravy was already spicy.
  • If you can get hold of schezwan pepper add half a spoon for added flavour.
  • If you are in a hurry add schezwan sauce in place of ground red chilly paste,soya sauce and tomato ketchup.

Print This Page

0
POST A COMMENT

Grab the feed for followup comments!