facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

BABYCORN PEAS BIRYANI/LUNCH BOX IDEA/RICE VARIETY

DSC01325

Babycorn Peas Biryani  is one recipe which I was rather curious  to make as I didn’t know how it would taste,a biryani with babycorn.I gave it a try for daughter’s lunch box and was liked by her friends too.I stumbled upn this idea while browsing and was glad I made it.I added peas for extra taste and colour though the recipe didn’t mentioned to add it.This is so easy and filling one pot meal that you can try out for dinner or lunch.You can add more vegetables to add to the taste.See below the recipe for Babycorn Peas Biryani.

DSC01323

INGREDIENTS

 

TO GRIND

Corianer Leaves 1/2 bunch
Garlic 2 pods
Green Chilli 1
Clove 2
Cardamom 1

OTHER INGREDIENTS

Basmati Rice 1 cup
Onion 1
Babycorn 8
Peas a fistful
Shahi Jeera 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp

DSC01311

HOW TO MAKE

  • Soak basmati rice in water for 20 minutes.In a cooker add oil and shahi jeera followed by onions.

 

DSC00893DSC00891

  • Grind the  ingredients given in  the to grind table.

DSC00894DSC00896

  • Add chopped babycorn and peas .Now add the ground paste.

DSC00895DSC00897

  • Add soaked rice and salt.Add 1 1/4 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.

DSC00898DSC00899

  • Once done fluff it up with a fork.

DSC00901

  • Serve hot with any raita.I made carrot raita.

DSC01309

Notes

  • You can grind some mint leaves with coriander.
  • You can also add 1/4 cup of coconut milk for more flavour.
  • If you want it spicy add a teaspoon of red chilly powder.
  • Adding ghee while roasting also adds to the taste.

Print This Page

1
POST A COMMENT

Corina said...

Sounds really tasty.

Grab the feed for followup comments!