Kasi Halwa or Pumpkin Halwa is one sweet which I have been trying to post for quite a long time.As I was thinking of posting an easy and vegetable based halwa this recipe came to my mind.So I made this last week and thought for my readers, it will be a nice option to try for diwali.As I was trying for the first time,made very little quantity but later thought I should have made more as it was so very tasty and I couldn’t resist it.Usually Kasi Halwa is made in functions and weddings and would be brightly coloured and loaded with nuts and ghee.Do try this halwa for diwali celebrations and I am sure it will be loved by all.
INGREDIENTS
| Ash Gourd/White Pumpkin | 1 cup(grated) |
| Sugar | 1/2 cup |
| Ghee | 4 tsp |
| Cashewnuts | a few |
| Food Colour(orange) | a pinch |
| Cardamom powder | a pinch |
HOW TO MAKE
- Grate pumpkin and squeeze water.I a pan add ghee and saute well.
- After the pumpkin is properly cooked add sugar.
- Add food colour and allow it to cook for a while.
- Add ghee and when it leaves the sides of the pan add cashewnuts fried in ghee and mix well.
- Kasi Halwa or Pumpkin Halwa is ready.
#pumpkinhalwa#poosinikaihalwa#halwarecipes#sweets#diwalirecipes#diwalisweets#desserts#
Notes
- Squeeze excess water from pumpkin before sauteeing it.
- Allow the pumpkin to cook well and add sugar only after it does not have any raw smell.
- Add ghee in the end for it to absorb well.
- Add chopped nuts of your choice.





Grab the feed for followup comments!