facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

ALU PARATHA

DSC01875

One of the tastiest all time favorite is this Alu Paratha.These potato filled dough kneaded to parathas are simply hard to resist.I have tried these at many restuarants and wished many a times to reproduce the same taste in my kitchen and only now I have come closer to the taste.Daughter loves these and I made for last weekend dinner these tasty alu parathas.We had curd and pickle  as side dish and so far this is the super combination for these type of Parathas.The trickiest part in this is the filling coming out and once you have learned to stuff them properly,these are easy to make.I have queued up in line methi and gobi parathas too.Now over to the recipe of Alu Paratha.

DSC01878

INGREDIENTS

Boiled and mashed Potatoes 2 small
Wheat Flour 1 cup
Water to knead
Caraway Seeds/Ajwain 1/4 tsp
Cumin/Jeera 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tsp
Coriander Leaves a few

DSC01883

HOW TO MAKE

DSC00440DSC00443

DSC00641DSC00642

DSC00643DSC00644

DSC00646DSC00647

DSC01870DSC01872

DSC01872DSC01873

 

DSC01887

Notes

  • Place the filling in the centre of the dough and cleanly cover it.
  • Roll the dough smoothly and carefully so the filling doesn’t come out.
  • Make the dough soft by adding oil and easily pliable.

Print This Page

1
POST A COMMENT

Grab the feed for followup comments!