facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

MULLANGI SAMBHAR/RADISH SAMBHAR/KUZHAMBU VARIETIES

DSC04335

Sambhar is one of the most sought recipes of the south indian cuisine.Infact all south indian households prepare this almost 3-4 times a week for sure.I also prepare sambhar in our daily menu almost eery other day,but I realised suddenly I didn’t have this sambhar recipe in my blog.It is a fool proof easy basic recipe which is a child’s play if folowed correctly.I usually make sambhar powder,the basic ingredient for this recipe at home.When Aveta Amber from Eastern Spices contacted me to write review for their products,I gladly acknowledged.This brahmin sambhar powder was in the parcel she sent me.I was happy enough to make and feed my family with the fresh aroma of sambhar powder which resembled so much of the home made one.This is my third review of their product and iam happy to share with you all this mullangi sambhar recipe..

DSC04334

INGREDIENTS

Tamarind a gooseberry shaped ball
Radish 2
Eastern Brahmin Sambhar Powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooked Tur Dal 1/2 cup
Rice Flour(for thickening)(optional) 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves a few

 

TO TEMPER

Mustard 1/2 tsp
Methi/Fenugreek seeds 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli 1
Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Oil 1/2 tsp

 

DSC04342

HOW TO MAKE

  • Soak tamarind in water.Slice radish in roundels.Extract the tamarind juice and put it in  a vessel.Add radish and eastern brahmin sambhar powder.

DSC04320DSC04321

  • Boil till radish gets cooked and raw smell goes away.Meanwhile cook tur dal and keep it ready.

DSC04322DSC04324

  • Add cooked tur dal to the boiling gravy.Temper in oil mustard,fenugreek,asafoetida and red chilli.

DSC04325DSC04326

  • Pour in the temperings.At this stage if the gravy is thin make a paste of rice flour in water and add to the gravy.Garnish with coriander leaves.

DSC04327DSC04328

  • Mullangi Sambhar/Radish Sambhar is ready.

DSC04332

  • The same sambhar can be made with home made sambhar powder.
  • Adding asafoetida during tempering gives a nice aroma and flavour to the gravy.
  • You can use any vegetable of your choice or add a mixture of assorted veggies.

Print This Page

0
POST A COMMENT

Grab the feed for followup comments!