facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

CHOCOLATE KESARI

It is always a joy for me even when there is no occasion to make sweets.Since daughter has a sweet tooth I don’t need occasion to make them.I do make many traditional sweets but also would like to try new sweets and this one I learnt through my blogger friend sowmya subramanium from her blog.My thanks to her.Kesari is made with plain orange food colour as a flavoring and I have seen pineapple and banana kesari too.I have fruit kesari in my blog but this one was so tempting that I needed to try right away.This can be made pretty soon and for bachha party this one is going to be a true hit.You can make so many variations with kesari,the choice is limitless and you can let go of your imagination to suit your taste.So here’s a new sweet coming your way.
DSC03399
INGREDIENTS
Semolina 1cup
Sugar 3/4cup
Cocoa powder 2tsp
Milk 1cup
Water 1/4cup
Ghee 2-3tsp
Cardamom powder a pinch
Gems to decorate
DSC03396
HOW TO MAKE
  • Dry roast semolina in a pan by adding a little ghee.Fry till nice aroma comes.Add milk,water and cardamon powder.Be sure to mix well avoiding lumps.Once done add sugar and cocoa powder and mix well and add the remaining ghee.

    DSC03390DSC03391DSC03393


  • Your yummy chocolate kesari is done.
    DSC03394
  • I have put them in moulds and decorated with gems.You can add roasted cashews and raisins and serve them as it is or cut into squares.

    DSC03395
    Notes
  • You can add chocolate chips or chocolate shavings while serving for functions.
  • You can also add jellies as that would attract kids.
  • You can use bournvita or boost in place of cocoa powder.


 

Print This Page

0
POST A COMMENT

Grab the feed for followup comments!