facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

DAL MAKHNI/MAA KI DAL/REVIEW FOR EASTERN SPICES 1

DSC02682I was some time before contacted by Eastern Condiments And Spices to write reviews about their products.I received a parcel containing these masala products and couldn’t wait to try them out.So here comes my first review on Dal Makhni.It is an easy to go side dish for rotis,phulkas and rice.It is easy to make and whilesome and filling besides being nutricious.I made this recipe with eastern masala and the result was super tasty.Daughter who is a fussy eater,loved it to the core and asked for more during dinner.The masala was also super tasty,perfectly blend and aromatic.Easily I could make this recipe in a jiffy .Thank you Eastern Spices for this oppurtunity and my readers,do follow this recipe and try out Dal makhni..
DSC02680
INGREDIENTS
Black Urad Dal 1 cup
Rajma 4 tsp
Onion 1
Jeera/Cumin 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli 1
Oil 2 tsp
Tomato puree 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Ginger (grated) 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Eastern Dal Makhni Powder 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Milk 1/4 cup
If not using eastern powder dry roast all the  following ingredients and add
Coriander seeds 1/4 tsp
Fennel 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon 1/4 inch
Nutmeg a bit
Kasoori Methi a pinch
DSC02684
HOW TO MAKE
  • Soak black urad dal and rajma overnight in water.In the morning presurre cook for 3 whistles.
DSC02661DSC02665
  • Mash with the help of the back of the laddle.In a pan add oil and add jeera followed by chopped onions,ginger and green chilli.
DSC02666DSC02662
  • Add tomato puree,red chilli powder,turmeric powder and eastern dal makhni powder.
DSC02663DSC02664
  • Add cooked dal and salt.Mix well.
DSC02667DSC02668
  • Add milk and simmer for some time.Garnish with coriander leaves.
DSC02669DSC02670
  • Dal Makhni or Maa Ki Daal is redy.Serve with rotis or rice.
DSC02686
Notes
  • I have used Eastern Masala Dal Makhni Powder here.If  you don’t get that masala add the ingredients given in table.
  • Adding milk ensures a creamy texture to the dal.
  • Adding garlic pod also enhances the taste,but I haven’t added as I don’t like it.
  • I f not using tomato puree,make freshly pureed tomatoes at home.
  • Adding cream also enhances the taste at the end.

Print This Page

1
POST A COMMENT

Anonymous said...

all time my fav dal

Grab the feed for followup comments!