facebook twitter pinterest googleplus rss

SABUDANA CHIVDA/JAWWARISI MIXTURE/DIWALI SNACKS

DSC03788It was some time back that I made this Sabudana Chivda,during diwali to be precise.It is an easy to make snack which can be made in a jiffy when you have assembled the ingredients.Also during navarathri people fast and this can be had as a snack during that period as well.Whatever the occasion,this is a crunchy and tasty snack.I made this for the first time and wondered how this would taste as I have not tasted this before.But when I tasted this I instantly liked this not only because of easy preparation but also very crunchy.I adapted this recipe from Tarla Dalal and it came out really nice.But since it is raining and as a snack it can be enjoyed anytime of the year,iam posting this recipe which I made during Diwali.See below the quick recipe an let me know..

DSC03791
SUMMARY
Course:Snacks
Cuisine :North Indian
Serves:4
Preparation Time :5 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
INGREDIENTS
Sabudana Pearls 1 cup
Groundnuts 1/4 cup
Roasted Gram 1/4 cup
Cashewnuts a few
Raisins a few
Curry Leaves 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
Oil to deep fry
DSC03790
HOW TO MAKE
  • Heat a pan of oil.Fry sabudana pearls once the oil is hot.Take out and drain in a tissue and then I a bowl.
DSC03767-001DSC03769
  • Next fry groundnuts and take out.
DSC03770DSC03771
  • Next fry roasted gram and take out once golden brown.
DSC03772-001DSC03773
  • Fry now cashews and raisins and take out once cashews are golden brown and raisins bloated.Fry curry leaves and take out.
DSC03776DSC03778-001
  • Mix all in one wide bowl after placing each on a tissue to drain excess oil.Add turmeric powder,red chilli powder and salt.
DSC03780DSC03781
  • Mix well.
DSC03783-002
  • Sabudana Mixture or Jawwarisi Mixture is ready.Enjoy with hot coffee or tea.
DSC03789

Print This Page

0
POST A COMMENT

Grab the feed for followup comments!